Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Empty Places

Do you have empty places in your heart?  I know I sure do.  There are times that I feel so overwhelmed with hurt and pain, frustration, and thoughts that I'll never be "enough".  There are times when the enemy whispers his lies so strongly that it's hard to tune them out.  The voice of Truth tells a totally different story!  Did you know that God longs to fill our empty places, if we would just seek Him out and ask Him to? 


Ephesians 3:20 says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"


I love how Henry T. Hamblin so beautifully describes the abundance from which God longs to fill our empty places with His fullness:

            "The abundance of God is like a mighty ocean, so vast you cannot possibly exhaust it or cause a shortage for others.  You can go to this inexhaustible ocean with a small cup and bring away only that small cup of bounty and blessing.  Or, if you have faith, you can take a bucket and bring away a bucketful.  It makes no difference to the ocean.  Nor does it matter how often you go...God's abundance is always there."

If you have empty places you are needing filled up today I encourage you to join me in seeking God's abundance, and don't forget to bring a BIG bucket!


No comments:

Post a Comment