Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Poem I like


I haven't been inspired to write much lately.  However, I came across this poem today and just wanted to share it.  The devil has done a pretty good job of beating me up about that, as well as making me feel like no one wants to read what I write about anyway, and I have considered deleting my whole blog.  Then the voice of truth creeps in... it's louder and stronger and it won't leave me alone.  That's when I know it's the voice of God.  I think if I could take more time to just clear my head and truly listen to the things that the Lord wants to teach me then I would not find myself in such depression at times.  I am such a work in progress.  I am so thankful that God never lets go of my hand no matter how far away I may run from Him.
Testing Times

"I asked the Lord
for a bunch of fresh flowers
but instead he gave me an ugly cactus
with many thorns.
I asked the Lord
for some beautiful butterflies
but instead he gave me
many ugly and dreadful worms.
I was threatened,
I was disappointed,
I mourned.
But after many days,
suddenly,
I saw the cactus bloom
with many beautiful flowers,
and those worms became
beautiful butterflies
flying in the spring wind.
God's way is the best way."
Chun-Ming Kao,
Written from prison
Have you ever felt like this?  Sometimes I feel like I always get the short end of the stick.  Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is blessed with many things that I "want" and I struggle with feelings of jealousy and depression.  Lord, help me to remember that your way truly is the BEST way.

No comments:

Post a Comment